East African Center for Social Innovation (EACSI)
We know that when an idea is founded on the principle of changing the lives of people, to empower people to empower themselves and others, and create a continuous value chain where an idealist, innovator and entrepreneur is empowered to empower another. If anything is founded on such a premise, then society will follow through in supporting its existence and prosperity - This is "The EACSI Way."
Our mission is to stimulate, inspire and raise a citizenry of integrative social innovators and a generation of new ideas, models and inventions to solve the critical social issues of all spheres in our communities while pivoting people at the heart of all we do.
We envision an innovative and integrative people committed to inventing new ideas, models, and ideas that solve the critical social issues of all spheres in the world.
Areas of Focus
Kampala Innovation Nights
The Kampala Innovation Night is a municipal initiative established to stimulate, inspire and showcase social innovators, as well as launch new upscale products for both corporates and startups. Kampala Innovation Nights is designed to target and inspire the corporate and startup community to engage in social innovation by creating new ideas, innovations, and inventions that transform society.
Campus Innovation Nights
The Campus innovation Night is a millenials initiative established to stimulate, inspire and raising a citizenry of young integrative social innovators and a generation of new ideas, models and inventions to solve the critical social issues. The Campus innovation Night is designed to target and inspire the millennial community at higher institutions of learning in Uganda to be innovators.
Initiative On Cities
The mission of the Initiative on Cities is to research, promote, and advance the adaptive urban leadership strategies and policies necessary to support cities as dynamic centers of inclusive economic growth and sustainable development in the 21st century.
The EACSI Way
"A Community Cooking Pot"
The East African Center for Social Innovation (EACSI) was founded on 11 November, 2015 by Kimuli Edrisa and Muliki Joseph Enock as Founder and Co-Founder respectively.
EACSI was founded to nurture a new move to innovativeness that works for all, to bring forth ideas that have people wellness at the center of creation and recreation. The organization was formalized as a non profit company no. 223305 by the registrar of companies in the Republic of Uganda.
We exist to;
- Inspire social innovation by stimulating and supporting social innovation
- Serve and build Africa's startup ecosystem
- Provide a conducive environment for development of innovation
- Seek and provide resources aimed at supporting innovators bring their ideas to life
- Network innovators
- Provide platforms for change to happen
- Provide consultancy and training services on social innovation
- Seek for partnerships and collaborations both locally and internationally to promote innovations and inventions
- Advocate for policies and resources aimed at fostering innovation
- Connecting startups with investors
- Provide forums for meetings, interactions, and discourse that lead to mitigation of social challenges
- Engage in development programmes and projects that are aligned to our objectives