About Campus Innovation Nights
The Campus innovation Night is an initiative established to stimulate, inspire and raising a citizenry of young integrative social innovators and a generation of new ideas, models and inventions to solve the critical social issues.
The Campus innovation Night is an initiative established to stimulate, inspire and raising a citizenry of young integrative social innovators and a generation of new ideas, models and inventions to solve the critical social issues. The Campus innovation Night is designed to target and inspire the millennial community at higher institutions of learning in Uganda to be innovators.
The Campus Innovation Nights are simple local affairs that help local millennial entrepreneurs and innovators and idealists get more visibility for their product launches, ideas and opinions. Campus Innovation Nights are network designed to support the Innovation community – in any industry. Every month companies will launch new products at a local event and the Innovation and social media community will come out to support their local entrepreneurs, on-profits etc in a single night, a local Innovation Night will generate hundreds of tweets, blog posts, online video and pictures, LinkedIn status posts and Facebook Likes and whatsApp status posts and shares. The events support SEO strategies with the creation of dozens of mentions, links and website traffic.
The Campus Innovation Nights are designed to provide low/no cost opportunities for companies in all industries to interact with the social media community and each other. Hosted by local teams, the model is a “friction-less” one, making it as easy as possible for the millennial companies, founders, innovators. There is no cost/little to exhibit and the companies generate visibility for the event collectively, benefiting everyone. The events are also great networking opportunities for the attendees who “contribute’ their networks. Attendees will be members of the local innovation community, and social media community – the Millennial Social Media Marketing Mavericks, but also service providers, investors, engineers & designers, students, media, and job seekers. Together the crowd helps pump up the volume. The goal is to make some noise on behalf of the local companies – “if you see something ‘cool’, blog about it, tweet about it or just tell someone.”
Campus Innovation Nights objectives
- Inspire innovation and a sense of initiative among millennia’s
- Providing an avenue of networking
- Availing an avenue for launching products and services (both for profit and non profit) by millennials
- Connect dozens of job seekers and hiring managers
- Connect innovators to investors
- Profile dozens of local experts
- Launch Innovation Nights events in other cities, schools....maybe yours?
Social Development Goals
We are aligned to the following SDGs;
- 1. No Poverty
- 17. Partnerships for the goals
- 10. Reduced Inequalities
- 16. Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- 9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- 8. Decent Work and Economic Growth
Our Expected Accomplishments
EA1. Improved support, guidance, and opportunities to help youth succeed in life, meet their goals and achieve their dreams.
EA2. Active and functional partnerships between employer organizations, funder organizations and or partnerships for students’ industry of choice for internship placement and tailored training.
Indicators of Achievement
- IA.1 Events held and fully attended
- IA.2 Functional partnership and synergies created among and within start-ups
- IA.3 Inventors sourced and investors acquired
- A1.1 Startup show case
- A 1.2 Expert presentations
- A1.3 Trainings
- A1.4 EACSI service |product display
- A1.5 Hosting and holding positive influencers’ or role model talks or chats as well as attach personalities such as successful local entrepreneurs, local investors, and civil society leaders among other inspirational figures.