This our way
'The EACSI Way' -
"A Community Cooking Pot"
The East African Center for Social Innovation (EACSI) is the home of EACSI Innovation Nights events which include, Kampala Innovation Nights and Campus Innovation Nights. Founded in June, 2016 as East African Center for Social Innovation, EACSI is a civil society organization that seeks to inspire social innovation. We have a "Community Cooking Pot" model to our events, our events are an everyone for everyone kind of event. We operate largely online with a website and a monthly events designed to help local innovators increase the buzz around new products and companies. Every month ten companies bring new products to the event and our social media community turns out to blog, tweet, post pictures and video, add product mentions to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and other social media statuses, and otherwise help spread the word.
We get out there and help companies and individuals to:
- -- Launch products
- -- Connect to employers and hiring managers
- -- Meet and acquire knowledge from local experts
- -- Connect innovators and inventers to investors (Local and international)
- -- Help innovators and inventers invent for the greater good of all and not just profit
- -- Connect society to opportunities
Held every month, Kampala Innovation Nights and Campus Innovation Nights happen every first Friday and and last Saturday of the month respectively; EACSI Innovation Nights often follow the following structure;
- Registration and Networking : 6:00 P.M
- Presentations (Experts, Product Launchers, Innovators, Idealists, Inventers, and Investors) : 7:00 P.M
- Live Events (These include product launches that allow innovators and companies to show their products -- you must be an East African resident to launch a product) : 9:00 P.M
- There are also Ideology Groups where like minded teams have one-on-one conversations with each other to craft ideas to make societies work for the better (these include; discourse on climate change, policy issues, business climate, bills of law, political transformation and democracy, human rights etc. : 10:00 P.M
- Networking (The Community Cooking Pot) - our guests meet, chat, network, blog, post, and share their experiences on social media and on some occassions have a cocktail courtesy of our sponsors and partners. : 11:00 P.M
- Departure 12:00 A.M
EACSI Innovation Nights are strictly "Non-Partisan" events held on site at various venues from partners who donate their space (and often sponsor our events) to further the cause of local East African innovation. We encourage equal and unbiased discourse, "we want to create solutions - we do not want to be part of the problem." We are a non for-profit civil society organisation registered as a (non for-profit) company limited by guarantee (under section 18(3) of the companies Act 2012). We’ve held events at the offices of Google, Huawei, MTN, Airtel, Africell, NWSC, UMEME, PHENMA Ventures, Government Ministries, Nurture Africa, URA, CAA and various Religious Establishments like churches and Mosques, as well as other private and public venues.
EACSI Innovation Nights are a "Community Cooking Pot" event. Look at it this way! Various strangers meet up, each with a particular recipe and skill set that thye bring to the table, everyone has the ability to contribute and bring us all to a grand new recipe. We are all hungry and yearning for this new grand and delicious meal, it is a masterpiece made out of a diversity of ideologies, opinions, race, tribe, political affiliation, beliefs etc.
We are all hungry and yearning! Everyone has something to share; "so we all get along and get to it, 'one brings the curry', 'the other brings the vegetables', while 'others lend their prowess to make the mixture', and 'that is when we together create a fire', 'we ignite the fire and set it burning'. Soon everyone in the community has contributed "just a little something" and everyone sits down to enjoy this grand new meal and we all feast to it.
EACSI Innovation Nights are a "Community Cooking Pot". Someone has a space where we can hold an event, with tables and wireless. Other companies have new products to promote, others are social media gurus who can create a major buzz while others donate a few hours of their time and expertise. Eventually; everyone is benefiting from the wonderful event we create together.